Image Map

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Memo 249: Always Original With SIX:02 + Adidas Originals

To: All
From: Me
Date: October 4, 2016
Subject: The Athleisure Upgrade
__________________________________________________________________________________

Fauxtography: The Werk! Place






So, I've been binge watching Solange's "Cranes In The Sky" video and simultaneously playing her album A Seat At The Table on repeat like all day long. Literally, all day. I'm not sure if I was productive or not but I was definitely getting my life. 

Sometimes, a moment will come along to make you rethink everything that you've ever thought about life. - Tweet this

Thank you for this moment, Solange.

Do you know what else consuming my life with her visual and vocal expressions did for me? It showed me what stepping into your own lane can do. So many artists begin their careers replicating other artists that have succeeded in the industry. They're striving to be the next *insert larger than life artist*. 

Let me please remind you that "the original is always worth more than a copy" - Tweet This

If Solange hasn't shown us that, than I don't know what else you can take away from her owning the lane that she created for herself. It's what took her from "Beyonce's sister, Solange" to being able to stand on her own name. 

That's why I love personal style so much. It's about drawing inspiration from fashion, art, music, and life to create something of your own. SIX:02 has allowed me to discover brands like Adidas Originals that push you to create your own interpretation of their pieces. When I saw the red 70s Track Top featured in this look, I knew it was a piece that belonged in my closet but I didn't know exactly how I was going to "werk it!" 

After a few head tilts and eye squints, I werked it out. #AlwaysOriginal


Get the Look

Adidas 70's Young Wild & Free Track Top c/o SIX:02 - Sold here
Old Navy Chambray Shirt - Sold here
Zara Lace Overlay Pencil Skirt - Similar here
Zara Mini Cross body Bag - Similar here and here
Balmain for H&M Belt - Similar here and here
Anna Della Russo for H&M Snake Bracelet - Sold here
Report Signature Mary Jane Shoes - No Longer Available
Thierry Lasry Sunglasses - No Longer Available



1 comment:

  1. This is such a fabulously bold outfit!! Love it!
    jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete